Dear List admin,
Please circulate this opportunity among students interested in gaining firsthand experience in working for a project at intersection of development (skill building) and technology.
Intern - Web App Development (Remote) at SocialWell
What you will do:
- Create a web app for delivering micro-training to rural youth in India over mobile app
- Create a backend for the Android app we are building, where a team is currently involved
- Students and newly graduated with intermediate experience in these technologies
- Skill(s) required: AngularJS, NodeJS, MonogoDB, GitHub
- Set up in Heroku or AWS
- Be regular and consistent during project period of 45 days for 2 hours every day
- Preferably participate in scrum meetings in Google Hangouts daily at 8pm Indian time
- Use slack for team communications
- Use GitHub for version management
Certificate, Letter of recommendation, Pre placement offer (PPO), Informal dress code.
Who can apply:
1. Are dedicated and persistent during internship.
2. Can start the internship immediately
3. Are available for duration of 2 - 3 months
4. Are pursuing any degree but have relevant skills and interest/ are currently in any year of study or are recent graduates
SocialWell – www.socialwell.net - is an India-based emerging social enterprise that brings ICT driven innovations and sustainable business models in social and public sectors. SocialWell has won several contracts and grants from leading global development and donor agencies to implement web, data-driven, and mobile solutions in areas of maternal and child health (MCH) and gender based violence (GBV) in Asia and Africa. In the last several months, we have been working on developing an integrated portal and data framework to enable organizations manage multiple stakeholders, allow them develop & deploy forms over web and mobile without programming, and use state-of-the-art dashboard and reporting framework.
SocialWell is working on further customization and development of its integrated application framework, which is built on open source enterprise Java web and data application frameworks. Our projects in MCH and GBV is built upon this framework. Besides this, SocialWell is working on a global media portal, an application to improve provider and workforce performance (focusing on primary healthcare), and a consumer-facing application. For the consumer-facing product in particular, we intend to work with a leading global incubator to develop the prototype.
Send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
Skype: atanugarai | Phone: (91) 97761.83915